A lightweight SEO friendly WordPress theme can increase your revenue. Do you know that? And how to use it excellently is a matter.
The WP theme is not for blog decoration. It takes part in generating blog revenue. So you need to be an expert on how to intensify blog SEO using WordPress themes.
Do you know the SEO WordPress theme? How to use a WP theme for SEO? How to apply it on a blog? You can earn money through an SEO oriented blog.
Sound cool, right?
Don’t worry. Keep it reading. I am with you.
In this article, I show you how to use the WP theme to intensify your blog SEO optimization. And you discover the SEO friendly theme.
I use the AVADA WP theme in the article. For this lesson, I give you 18 tips.
Tips 01: Choose the right SEO WordPress theme.
The developer crafts the theme, considering the business category, such as a blog, magazine, and technology. You choose a theme following your business.
For instance, Magazine, eCommerce, and Real Estate, they have different features. If you have an eCommerce business, you choose a magazine theme. The wrong idea, don’t do this.
What genre your business is. If you are a blogger, pick the theme of how to blog. The next, don’t fall in love with an ultra eye-catching design. These theme categories are asunder.
- Buddy Press
- Real Estate
- And Forums
Therefore, choose the right theme compatible with your business. The only design itself is nothing.
Tips 02: lightweight mobile-friendly.
The theme should be lightweight, fast, and responsive.
- Speed performance score
- Fully loaded time
- Total page size
- Several requests
- The WP theme that gets optimized for speed on mobile.
Why website speed matters these days?
Research says, if your website takes over 3 seconds to load, 40% of your visitors will leave.
Tips 03: Budget for the theme.
To choose the perfect theme for your blog is the place where you expense as much as you can. The expenses aren’t a loss, but an investment.
This investment is business capital.
The budget must be $70-100. Don’t be lesser than that.
Most people practice free themes. The free theme has no real features. They don’t know how to use the theme to speed up business.
Tips 04: Configuration the theme
When you buy a theme, the theme is full of different sample data and different choosing options.
After selecting and configuring your blog, cut the rest. Your blog will be lightweight.
For instance, you don’t need a FAQ, port polio, and enormous demos. So you can remove it from your site. It is better; you take a backup.
You can make a blog audit to find out mistakes. Google Analytics and Google search console, you can check finding errors.
You need user experience, how much you can keep your blog healthier.
Tips 05: Google Analytics and Google search console
The premium theme has a feature to write root-level coding.
For instance, header.php, WP-configure.php, and robot.txt, you can write by your theme. You need to edit the root-level file.
Please confirm that you choose a theme where you can write there. Please don’t wait for plugins support. The Google WP theme makes you independent of plugins.
More plugins make your site weight.
Tips 06: AMP
AMP stands for speeding up Mobile Pages, a Google-backed project designed as an open standard for any publisher to have pages load faster on the mobile.
You need an AMP plugin. You can check whether your theme can support APM. Otherwise, you need the AMP plugin to get the AMP support.
Tips 07: Breadcrumbs
Breadcrumb is a vital point. You can’t avoid it.
Google search console has a breadcrumb check-up menu. Breadcrumb is a path of showing hierarchy in your blog posts.
And your theme gives your support breadcrumb configuration.
I am using the AVDA theme. Your theme may have a different outlook. But your theme must give the services. Don’t wait for a plugin.
Tips 08: Images
Your images need to optimize on a mobile device. Images decrease to your site speed. And you can optimize images in different ways.
- Resize image
- ForthGen convert
If your theme can do this, then you can avoid plugin overload.
Tips 09: Minify the resources
Mobile device users are increasing. Google puts stress on optimizing webpages for mobile. Your theme or plugins can do this.
- HTML codes
- CSS files
- Combined CSS files
Tips 10: Structure data
Google puts stress on quality service for its users. Google wants to show quality format SERPs results.
Plugin compatible themes have a built-in structured data configured. Or you need plugins.
The Structured Data is an excellent idea to show search engine results with the prescribed form.
- Schema.org guidelines.
- Structured Data for WP
- Google Rich Snippets
- Schema markup
- Structure your site for SEO.
Look at the above things your site gets configured and work properly. Validator, checker and you can check whether your website works well.
Tips 11: Homepage, About us and Contact us pages
Your home page is the door of your website. The home page should be self-explanatory of your mission and vision.
The mailing address should be transparent and well located.
New bloggers get started writing blog posts.
In my first blog, I created those three pages after six months.
It should not be. To create three pages is your first job.
Tips 12: Your niche selection
Your root keywords need to have a huge search volume. Your niche should be evergreen lucrative.
Make sure your niche market has a high-quality product and service. People are incoming from there. Your niche market has competition with marketers. That means the market is ready.
The perfect niche selects influence on your SEO success. Niche selection should be correct and workable.
Tips 13: Your domain name
It should be SEO oriented. You can keep it short, memorable, right spelling.
- Your name
- Brant name
- Niche topics
My niche is blogging tips.
My domain name is bloggigtipsfornewblogger.com
And my blog name is blogging tips for beginners
Tips 14: Your hosting provider
Hyper super quality web hosting is SEO factors. Don’t become cheap. It is not your loss, but a business investment as capital.
A wrong hosting plan makes your online business destroyed. High-speed is a matter.
Tips 15: Setting your blog for SEO layout
WordPress menu. The setting menu is vital for SEO settings.
General setting: Look at the below image. Pay attention over there for SEO of your WordPress site.
Reading: Look at the below image. Read every line. Understand the setting topics. The main setting here is the homepage shows page or posts.
Discussion: Read the topics and understand the senses. Most of them, you get pre-setting. If you need, you can alter.
Permalink: Look at the image below. The post name is an SEO setting. The post slug will be the post URL.
Tips 16: SEO friendly WordPress theme:
The best SEO friendly WP theme features are lightweight page, web-friendly fonts, and mobile-friendly theme. Other features are asunder.
- Web-friendly fonts. The web-friendly fonts are Google Fonts.
- Mobile friendly WP theme.
- The beautifully designed demos
- Countless powerful options
- Huge collection of elements
- Ensuring you can easily create any type of website imaginable.
- Fully responsive, retina-ready, and lightning-fast.
- Ease of use and excellent performance.
- Page loading optimization
- Social Widget
- Author Widget
- Multiple Header Layout
- Multiple Responsive Slider
- Lazy Load For Images
- Multiple Banner Layouts
Tips 17: SEO WP Plugin:
The Yoast SEO WP plugin is famous. It gives you notice. The followings are the SEO metrics. You should achieve them in the post that is the best SEO tips.
- Outbound links: Good job!
- Internal links: You have enough internal links. Good job!
- Keyphrase length: Good job!
- Keyphrase density: The focus keyphrase was found 17 times. This is great!
- And Keyphrase in meta description: Keyphrase or synonym appear in the meta description. Well done!
- Meta description length: Well done!
- Previously used keyphrase: You’ve not used this keyphrase before, very good.
- Text length: The text contains 1901 words. Good job!
- Keyphrase in the title: The exact match of the keyphrase appears at the beginning of the SEO title. Good job!
- SEO title width: Good job!
- Keyphrase in slug: More than half of your keyphrase appears in the slug. That’s great!
- And Keyphrase in the introduction:
- Keyphrase in subheading:
- Image alt attributes:
Writing SEO metrics
- Transition words: Only 10.2% of the sentences contain transition words, which is not enough. Use more of them.
- Flesch Reading Ease: The copy scores 73.6 in the test, which is considered fairly easy to read. Good job!
- Passive voice: You’re using enough active voice. That’s great!
- Consecutive sentences: There is enough variety in your sentences. That’s great!
- Subheading distribution: Great job!
- Paragraph length: None of the paragraphs are too long. Great job!
- Sentence length: Great!
These are SEO related points. You need to understand them and use them correctly.
Tips 18: SEO WP features:
You need a premium WP theme. The WP theme must be SEO optimized and mobile-friendly. How can you understand the WP theme is SEO friendly?
The following features are SEO optimized. I give you a list of SEO features of the WP theme.
- Lightweight and SEO friendly.
- AMP ready.
- One-page layout.
- Newsletter subscription call-to-action.
- Rich snippets support.
- SEO ready and schema integrated.
- Responsive and Retina ready.
- Full flexibility.
- Local SEO optimization.
- Lightweight and super fast.
- Optimized for high performance.
- Optimized for high-speed.
- The design is for SEO and digital marketing companies.
- Minimalist layouts.
- Modern SEO services icons and illustrations.
- Minimal design.
- Flexible grids.
- Short-code generator.
- Enormous Typography and color options.
- Feature image functionality.
- Responsive and Retina-ready layout.
- Fully customizable.
- The advanced network of options.
- Parallax and lazy loading.
- Simple design.
You need to learn the above features. And understand them deeper. If you can understand them, you can use them.
Most bloggers use free WP themes. A free theme platform user is a failure. The WP theme is blogging weapons, so you need to invest more money as much as you can. You should not be cheap.
You need to learn how to intensify blog SEO using WordPress theme. The theme is not for blog decoration only. Most of on-page SEO depends on SEO WP theme.
Page loading is a matter these days. So the lightweight WP theme first choice. The WP theme must be mobile-friendly, responsive, and retina-ready layout. Envato is your solution [Affiliate link].